"When we lived in London, I did art exhibitions and story tellers and events," Traversy said. "We did arts and crafts workshops and sold original art from our books. We did all the farmers markets and did consumer-based fairs."
Interested in adding to your income by joining an affiliate program? Here are a few questions to ask:
1. Do you have to meet a specific sales quota per month?
2. Do you have to purchase and store inventory in advance?
3. Does the company provide samples, catalogs, and promotional materials, or do you have to purchase them separately?
4. Can you establish your own sales presence anywhere you like (online, in your home, or in your local community)?
5. What kind of training and support does the company provide?
6. How are the profits shared?
7. How (and how often) are payments processed?
Above all, make sure the company you choose offers products that you'd buy yourself. "What fascinates me is the commonalities between the type of people who buy Barefoot," Traversy pointed out. "I think that they are the type of people who live Barefoot's values all over the world, and now with the power of technology and social networks and digital media, we're bringing our books to life."