Sometimes after a full work-week, we just want to stay at home instead of going out. You can still make a fun meal at home to celebrate the weekend! These cheesy potato skins are the perfect treat at the end of a long week.
- 6 medium russet potatoes cut into thick slices
- 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled bacon (cooked)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups grated or shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil and spices together in a big bowl and then toss the potato slices in the mixture.
- Put all the slices on a large baking sheet or two. Make sure they’re not on top of each other.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned on top.
- Remove the potato slices, flip them, top with the cheese and pop them back into the oven for another 5 minutes until the cheese is firmly baked on.
- Remove the slices from the oven and put them on a serving dish or bowl.
- Top with the cooked bacon and serve!