Nicknamed the “lazy chicken pot pie” this recipe is a cinch. It’s creamy, salty, and has just the right amount of fluffy biscuit-like crust.
- Chicken breast, cooked
- 2 cans cream of broccoli soup
- 1 can of milk
- 7 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 2 1/2 cups milk
What to do:
- Chop your broccoli tops off and cut them into bite sized pieces. Discard the “trunks,” unless you like to eat that part…which I do not.
- If you do not have any leftover cooked chicken breast you will need to cook some up. The method that you chose really doesn’t matter: stir fry, microwave, bake, poach. I have done them all.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Put the chicken pieces and broccoli tops in an 11×13 baking dish.
- Combine the 2 cans of soup with 1 can of milk. Mix well.
- Pour the soup mixture into the pyrex dish, stir to coat the chicken and broccoli evenly.
- Let one of the kids stir the mixture smooth. It is good exercise for their little arm muscles.
- Spread it over the top. It should be thick like biscuit dough, not runny like pancake mix. You might think that the ratio of crust to chicken/broccoli is not enough. Trust me, the crust puffs way up, more than you probably think it will.
- Bake at 350 until the top turns a golden brown.