Buttermilk pancakes simply scream weekend breakfast/brunch. What on this Earth could possibly make this food better? The addition of bacon, of course. Forget cooking the bacon next to your pancakes, cook them right in the batter. The crunchy, salty goodness that is bacon compliments the sweet, fluffy taste of the pancakes to create nirvana .
If you don’t have time to whip up these bad boys, see our favorite 7 Make-Ahead Brunch Recipes.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- Cooking spray or oil to cook the pancakes
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Heat a skillet or griddle and spray or rub with oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk everything together.
- Fold in the bacon bits.
- Add the batter to the griddle or skillet by scooping a heaping tablespoon of batter for each pancake.
- Cook for a minute or two on each side.