These bacon cheeseburgers will melt in your mouth! Topped with bacon and cooked in bacon fat, these burgers redefine what it means to be a “bacon cheeseburger.” Serve with fries if you please!Ingredients:
- 1 ½ lbs. ground chuck
- 8 thick bacon slices
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices American cheese
- 5 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Optional toppings: iceberg lettuce, sliced, tomato, sliced pickles, ketchup, onion slices
- Preheat oven to 200 F. Place rack in the middle of the oven and place a baking sheet on top.
- Separate meat into 4 equal portions for patties. Create ½ inch thick patties.
- Cook bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat. Flip until the patty is browned and crispy. Remove cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels. Pour about half of the bacon fat from the pan and save it for later.
- Sprinkle patties with a generous amount of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Reheat the pan to medium heat and place 2 of the patties in the pan. Cook in the bacon fat until the bottom browns, for about 4 minutes. Flip patties over. Layer two slices of cheese of each patty and continue cooking until the center is slightly pink and the cheese has melted.
- Wipe pan and pour the other half of the leftover bacon fat in the pan. Cook the other two patties following the same method.
- Once all the burgers have finished cooking, assemble burgers on patties with your desired toppings and condiments. Don’t forget the bacon!