This strawberry tart is the fun and fresh dessert you’ve been searching for! It’s easy to make and just as easy to enjoy. Everyone will fall in love with each slice, especially when served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!
For The Crust:
- 1 1/4 C. flour
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter
- 1/3 C. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For The Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 2 lbs. strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 C. seedless strawberry jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend together flour, butter, 1/3 C. sugar, and salt until moist crumbs form.
- Move dough into a 9-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom. Press dough onto bottom of the pan and against the sides.
- Freeze the crust until hard for about 20 minutes.
- Prick the crust with a fork all over and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely in pan.
- In a mediumbowl, combine the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 C. sugar until smooth; spread mixture evenly in bottom of baked crust (still in tart pan).
- Starting from outside edge, arrange strawberries in small circles on cream cheese.
- In a smallsaucepan, heat the strawberry jelly on medium-low until liquefied. Gently brush strawberries with jelly and let them set at least 20 minutes.
- Chill the tart in the pan for at least 2 hours and remove from pan just before serving.