This thick soup will make your taste buds scream for more! Top with fresh almonds. Serve this soup as a quick appetizer! Ingredients:
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbs. softened butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 C. chicken stock
- 1 C. nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 C. fresh almonds
- Melt butter in a medium pot. Add onion and cook for about 8 minutes until tender.
- Add squash and stock. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove squash from pot and puree in a blender until smooth. Return mashed squash to the pot.
- Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until thick and creamy.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with almonds.