Chow down on this deliciously creamy soup! Mix with fresh peas. Sprinkle with pepper. Ingredients:
- 4 dozen clams
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 ½ lb. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ C. cream
- 1 ½ C. milk
- 1 stalk thyme
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 1 C. peas
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Boil a large pot of water over high heat, and add clams. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes, until clams have opened. Strain clams and set aside.
- Add oil to a large saucepan and add onion. Cook until translucent, no more than 8 minutes.
- Toss in potato, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add flour over onions and potatoes and mix thoroughly. Slowly add clam juice, and then add milk and cream. Toss in thyme and bring mixture to a boil, letting cook for 15 minutes.
- Add clams and peas. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with pepper.