This tart is simply divine with its sweet chocolate taste! Coat tart in tons of syrup. Top with fresh cherries. Ingredients:
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 3 oz. chopped milk chocolate
- ¼ C. cornstarch
- ½ C. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 C. whole milk
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 lb. fresh cherries
- 2 Tbs. softened butter
- 1/3 C. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix butter, sugar and salt in a small bowl until dough forms. Press onto the bottom of a small tart pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, and eggs until mixture is smooth.
- In a small skillet, heat milk and salt over low heat until mixture simmers. Add milk to egg mixture and mix, and then pour back into skillet. Cook until mixture becomes thick.
- Strain and add chopped chocolate, mixing until melted. Let cool for 5 minutes, and then add softened butter. Pour into crust and chill for several hours.
- In a small skillet, heat sugar and water. Add cherries and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Remove cherries and add cornstarch and water to liquid mixture, cooking for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into a small bowl along with the cherries and chill.
- Spoon filling into tart and top with syrup and additional fresh cherries.