This peachy tart is a sure way to get all of your nutrition in for the day! Serve with a fresh cup of coffee. Garnish with small basil leaves if desired. Ingredients:
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 8 oz. pastry flour
- 1 C. white sugar
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 6 Tbs. ice water
- 1 large egg, with yolk
- 4 ripe peaches, sliced
- Basil, if desired
- In a mixer, beat together flour, sugar, and salt and mix until course.
- Add butter and continue to mixer until granulated.
- Add 4 of the 6 tablespoons of ice water and mix until dough starts to form.
- Flatten dough into a large disk, then cover in in plastic wrap. Let sit for 2 hours.
- To make the filling, blend butter, egg yolk, 2 peaches, and sugar together until smooth. Chill for 2 hours, then let sit until mixture reaches room temperature.
- Halve dough on a floured covered surface. Cut into one large round and transfer to a large baking sheet. Poke holes with fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 375 F. Slice remaining peaches and spread evenly over top of dough, leaving a small border bare at the edges.
- Bake for up to 35 minutes, until dough has become golden and peaches have darkened. Remove and garnish with basil.