Every month, we get so busy that it's hard to remember everything there is to do! We came up with this new monthly feature to give you some ideas for things you might need to put on your to-do list. We hope you will share your own reminders and tips with the Work It, Mom! community by posting them in the comments.
Week 1 (November 1-9th)
- Thanksgiving is fast approaching – do you know what your plans are going to be?
- If you’re planning to go out of town the Thanksgiving, do you need to book a hotel room? If yes, now is the time to do it.
- Do you have pets who will need pet care when you leave for the holiday? Book it now because places fill up fast.
- Make sure to mark all travel dates as well as any school or daycare closings on your master family calendar. If your kids will be out of school on days when you work, arranging for backup care or making plans to take that time off is a good idea.
Week 2 (November 10-17th)
- If you’re planning to take some extra time off from work for Thanksgiving, this is a good time to let your boss know. There might be work you have to get done before you go and you want to leave yourself enough time to do it.
- Are your kids going to miss any days of school during the holiday? Take a moment to let their teachers know ahead of time and find out if there are assignments they’ll need to complete while away or when they return.
- Start planning out your Thanksgiving menu and ingredients. Check sites like Allrecipes.com for some new ideas.
Week 3 (November 18-24th)
- Start stocking up on your menu items for Thanksgiving if you’re making dinner that day. You might need to reserve a turkey at your local store, particularly if it’s not a large chain.
- Check your dinnerware, stock up on drinks and quick snacks that can keep people busy and away from the kitchen during Thanksgiving dinner.
- If you’re hosting family or friends at your house, check up on your sheets, towels, soap, and other supplies for guests.
Week 4 (November 25-30th)
- Thanksgiving is fun but exhausting—can you schedule a few hours off for yourself to catch your breath and relax this week?
- The winter is just around the corner – do your kids have gloves, hats, scarves, winter jacket, snow boots, and snow pants? Do you?
- Do you have a good shovel for snow removal and salt for your sidewalk, if you need them?