Note to self, Things to do
Do you ever have moments like I do, where the seasons change and suddenly you remember a whole load of things you should have done during summer?
- fixing the hole in the wall above the window to stop the leak,
- cleaning out the gutters all the way round the house not just the bits you can get to whilst being distracted by trying to stop kids from climbing your ladder.
- putting up thicker curtains to keep the heat in
- trimming trees that incessantly bash on the side of the house during high winds
- bracketing the gutter down pipe that also bashes incessantly in high winds but is inconveniently situated right next to where you sleepand so is not ignorable!!!
- Contacting the landlord to request that the drainage issue (that sees the garage 5 inches under water every heavy rainfall and for two days post rainfall) actually gets sorted so the garage can become usable space and you can stop storing things in the kids paddling pool to keep the water out
And then there are the other things, you know the ones, the things which you packed last time you moved house and for some reason or other you haven't got around to unpacking them.... I have friends who tell me if I haven't unpacked a box for more than 6 months after a move then I should throw the whole thing away, these people do not get left alone in my house.... EVER!!!!!!!!
Or there's the other thing, where suddenly there's a man, who just happens to be quite keen on you and you also keen on him and the thought crosses minds that maybe this should become a more um permanent arrangement and so he is going to move in with me and the kids and now I have to work out where on earth we are going to put his stuff as well as the overwhelming need to sort my own stuff and OMG how much crap have I actually accumulated. Not to mention the question which is raised, "Does a house really need two queen sized beds??"
There is the additional list of things to do, they involve the tax department and other such places who might get huffy if they don't believe you are giving them the amount of blood, oops money which they require!!!
So, the list on my noticeboard is six pages and growing, I keep crossing things off and replacing them with two or sometimes three additions.
I feel like we are all making great progress but at the same time I'd quite like to find the end of my list in the not so distant future.