Menu Plan Monday - Tastes like chicken
For today's Menu Plan Monday, I decided to focus on one of my faves to cook - chicken. I love it because you can cook it a variety of ways and my kids will eat it at least 90% of the time. BONUS!
This got me to thinking - you could make SO many meals SO much quicker if you just used a rotisserie chicken!
After looking at my favorite place - AllRecipes.com
- I discovered they had a page on this very thing. How had I not noticed this? I knew how, but that's not the point here.
This is seriously brilliant. According to Allrecipes:
- If you have time, dump the bones, skin and accumulated juices into a soup kettle, barely cover with water, and bring to a simmer. In 30 minutes, you'll have a pot of stock that tastes like it's been simmering for hours.
- Use shredded chicken to top pizzas, flavor pasta and rice, toss in salads, or beef up soups. I especially like it for curry and enchiladas - dishes I might not have time to make from scratch.
I like the tip about making stock (something I have never done in my entire life!) and I like the tips about ready made chicken. This made me think - what could *I* make with it?
- Taco Salad - one of our faves
- Stir Fry
- Chicken Fried Rice
- Tortilla soup
- Chicken alfredo - super quick meal if you use jarred sauce
Guys - that's 10 easy meals right off the top of my head. And considering my limited knowledge of ANYTHING in the kitchen, that's saying something.
So, what easy meals could *you* make with a rotisserie chicken? Leave it in the comments!