Moving to a new town without a firm job is tough. In my industry, everyone says that there is "so much opportunity" in ATL, and with my experience, it shouldn't be a problem. However, I feel like I'm letting go of one trapeeze before having a hand on another. I've got several leads on jobs, but nothing definite, and when 6/24 rolls around, we will be moving! I can stay in Bham to work as long as I want at my current job, but I don't want to be separate from Hubby and the kids while he's in a new city and a new house. Also, we really want to get a nice home in a good school district and not move for awhile. So, I need to have a job to pay for that! As I wrote in my daily archive, the transfer at my same company has been put on "hold" b/c of them moving into a new building. If it all were to still pan out, the start date in ATL would still be around July 1, but now I will not have a commitment from my employer that the transfer will go ahead until the end of June!
I have always been the breadwinner and the stable job. It is wild that my hubby will be the one with the sure thing job, and I'll be on pins and needles until it's almost time to move? One thing I do not want to do - move back into an assistant position at another firm. I would rather move to a totally different industry than be someone's assistant again.
In general, I think that I do remain my optimistic self, having faith that my perfect job and home are already out there for me, and it will all come in time. As on the Eckhart Tolle Oprah episode, I won't ever get the time back that I spend worrying. Hubby says not to panic, that it'll all work out. I just feel like I am not evolved enough or patient enough to keep from these freak out moments every now and then.
Weird timing- just got a call from a recruiter about a sales job opp in ATL that would involve LONG hours to begin with (830am - 800pm M-Th, 8:30-2pm Fr). for about a year or so, but would get me some good sales experience, and HUGE upside potential on the money. I have interviewed already a few times for this one and am on the fence. If my current job transfer were to work out, it would be a slower ramp up for income potential, but more normal hours, and no guarantee of sales experience (which is the end goal).