Trying to balance our lives is a neverending tale. Schedules, phone numbers, addresses, websites, budget, dinner. It can be overwhelming. But I found something that has helped the overachiever in me!
I recently purchased a beautifully decorated lavender, recyclable notebook. It fits in my purse and has become my bible! It has everything that I need to keep me focused and on track. Here's how it works:
1. I've broken it down into key sections that fit my own lifestyle: house, finances, children, college, work, couple time, personal.
2. I've placed my goals or resolutions in the front of the book and broken them down into a minimum of three steps each. For example: "get healthier" goes under the "Personal" section. Step 1 - get fillings done. Step 2- eat fish 2 times per week. Step 3 -increase Yoga practice to three times per week.
3. I also use this bible to jot down notes/advice that I come across from other people, magazines, tv or websites! For example: "Children" heading has: "start savings account, enroll in karate, check with teacher re: testing", etc.
4. "Couple time" includes a list of restaurants, movies or books that I want to share with my hubby. It also keeps track of all those times he said "Honey, I want that for my birthday/anniversary/father's day, etc."
5. Don't confuse this with your calendar, PDA, dayplanner, cell phone etc. Think of this as your own Post-It Pad. I also have a section for "Inspirational Quotes" that motivate and encourage me. It keeps me on track and I love the feeling I get when I can cross off one of the action plans as an accomplished task!
At the end of the year, it tells a lot about me, how I've grown and how our family has lived. What do you think?