Modest Needs is a charity that you may not
have heard of. This is a great one for people who want to have a
direct impact with their giving. 100 percent of your donation goes to
the person in need as the administrative costs for Modest Means are
paid through grants. The money is not given to the person who has
applied for assistance, rather Modest Needs gets the money to the
A standard request looks like this:
Mother of Three: Light Bill | Cost to fully fund this application: 785.00 Modest Needs Points
I am in need of help to get my lights turned back on. I have
recently been sick and had to miss work. When I do not go to work, I do
not paid. These missed days are making it very difficult to pay all my
monthly bills and keep food on the table, let alone pay other bills. I
have now gotten my health issues under control and will be able to
afford these expenses in the future. Your one time assistance with
this electricity bill will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your
time and consideration.
- This application for our Self-Sufficiency grant comes to Modest Needs from a household of 1 adults and 3 children.
- This household earns 100% of its household income.
- This applicant lives above the poverty line and probably won’t qualify for other types of help.
- This household has not received state or federal assistance in the past 30 days.
- This applicant has never applied for help from Modest Needs before.
Modest Needs works on a point system where 100 dollars equals 125
points. You can choose to divide you points amongst many different
requests or allot them all to one. Their website is here.