Top 10 List of Oh My God Moments in the WAHM Transition
It is 5 months since I said goodbye to corporate life and started my own business. It is everything I ever thought it would be and everything I couldn't even have imagined. So, here is my Top 10 List of "Oh My God!" moments.
- HTML emails really do strange things in the same browsers. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
- Choose the correct distribution list for your newsletter. I picked Family instead of Professionals group and Aunt G was completely confused.
- Don't leave your iPhone out for your 6 year old to see. It looks too much like a handheld game.
- Don't let your daughter answer your phone anymore. Clients get confused.
- Clients calling at odd hours can be positive. We had an ice dam and my husband needed help getting the ladder out of 3 ft of snow. I had to talk to my client. Husband impressed me with his burly qualities and dug out the ladder himself.
- It is interesting what a small world it is. Forget 6 degrees, think 2.
- Did I really print "Principle" rather than "Principal" as my title on my business card? Just barely caught that one before handing them out.
- Dogs bring in half eaten animals at completely the wrong times. Don't scream on the phone with a client.
- Make sure your love affair with your pajamas and slippers doesn't interfere with showering before your husband comes home.
- Closing an engagement!!!