Group Discussions

Shake my hand, I promise it's clean!

Subscribe
  • Hello Moms!

I don't find myself aligning with parenting websites, but this one seems to really suit me. My self-image is more than motherhood, it's also my professional life, my creative side, my quirky side, my friend side - well you get the idea.

My name is Trudi Evans and I publish As We Are - a magazine for women to be inspired and to inspire others. It's new and it's only online so far but the business plan is much bigger than this. You can visit it at http://www.aswearemagazine.com

If I can make this plug even more shameless, please bookmark it and visit daily!

I've just started working from home this spring and I'm learning to find my rythm. It's challenging to switch my schedule and feel like I'm getting everything done when it needs to be and looking after myself in the process.

My husband also works at home. Right now, we have one son and he is in full time daycare. We're going to scale back to part time over the summer and adjust our schedules a bit. In the fall, he will go to school, so this is our last chance to have some extra family time.

Oh, I live in Nova Scotia. We have a cat. I do yoga when I can. You'll just have to get to know me over time, I think

So glad to find this site!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Trudi Evans on 15th June 2007
  • Hi Trudi,

I am so happy that you are here, that you saw the links up on Keri's Facebook page, and for your magazine!

Jen
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 17th June 2007
  • ooh! A Canadian! I'm in New Brunswick! Hi Trudi!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Thordora on 21st June 2007
  • Hi Thordora!

My husband grew up in Quispamsis! I've spent a fair amount of vacation time around St. John, Moncton and Havelock.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Trudi Evans on 24th June 2007
  • We're in Moncton, unfortunately. :P
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Thordora on 25th June 2007
  • Hi Trudi,

Welcome I just joined the site as well and I love it! I am in Winchester, VA. I work from home, I sell medical supplies to hospitals,mechanical contractors. I have 2 children 10yr old son and a 23 yr old daughter. I look forward to talking to you. Kim
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on Tuesday
  • Hi I am Dana, I live in sunny..I mean south FL. I work at home to be with my daughter. I write 2 blogs about being a first time mom and helping other moms find work at home jobs. And I teach aerobics!

First Time Mommy Chronicles

Work At Home Blog
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on Thursday
  • Hi Trudi! I can COMPLETELY relate to what you said about not aligning with motherhood/parenting sites. I have never felt a strong connection to any site I have ever encountered in the past.

I think what I most like about Work It, Mom! is that here we are allowed to be MORE than mothers. We talk about our careers, our relationships, our health and oh, yes, our children. Other parenting sites seem to miss the "whole person".

Anyhoo...so glad you are here! I checked out your mag when it first launched and have poked my head in to look around a few times since then. I bet a lot has changed since I was last there though. I'll have to stop by again!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on Thursday

Add a Reply