Group Discussions

Confession: I don't really LIKE water...

Subscribe
  • I just posted about how I try to make sure I get enough water, but I wanted to address the issue of taste. I don't really like water without a little bit of flavor. I have been adding vitamin water to my 2-quart container. But each serving of vitamin water has 13 grams of sugar and I am also trying to reduce sugar.

Lemon juice might work, but I worry about my tooth enamel.

Does anybody else have this problem? What do you add to your water to make water work for you? Or do you just deal with it?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 16th August 2007
  • I love water. I drink a lot of it every day. Whenever I am chugging it down I always visualize it replenishing my cells and I think, "Ah, the stuff of life..." We are so lucky to have drinkable water. Water is a blessing.

I don't know what to tell you about taste. Adding flavor to it seems difficult. I would jsut decide how much I wanted to drink every day, get a giant container and then glug it down three times a day. It's amazing how much water you can drink-- without breathing-- once you get used to glugging. Astonishing really.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KatieK on 16th August 2007
  • Your reply made me laugh, LOL.
  • I've tried adding Crystal Light "On-the-Go" packets (or the cheaper Target version) to water bottles. They're only 5 calories, and no sugar - since they have artificial sweetener, which is a turnoff for some people. I like the Raspberry Green Tea and Peach Tea flavors - just shake them really well!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 16th August 2007
  • Here is the trick with water...and you semi-nailed it when you noted that you usually "crave" water first thing in the morning, even before that first cup of coffee...

Water, when compared to other flavored beverages is BORING.

There are so many other things to drink that are SO MUCH TASTIER!

So my trick is to drink as much water as I can in the morning BEFORE I drink anything else.

Once I drink something yummy I find it harder to drink water.

And I do actually LIKE water. I just like sweet stuff better!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 16th August 2007
  • I started Drinking at least 70 ounces of water a day not too long ago. I have a really bad problem with swelling, and it helped so much. I swear my arls lost lik e1/4 of an inch in just swelling. I think that if you still allow yourself the flavored beverage at least once a day it is easier to drink all of the water you need. Now I do not have that problem, since I am pregnant and having pretty bad all day sickness (I have decided to rename it), I can only tolerate the taste of water. So my body is making the choices for me at this point.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Michelle Anderson on 16th August 2007
  • I take diet sprite and mix a half a glass of water to it......I don't drink dark soda's anymore..........
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 16th August 2007
  • Michelle, I wish my body would have done that when I was pregnant! Though I wasn't able to tolerate soft drinks when I was pregnant with my third.

Kim, why no dark sodas?
  • hard on the kidneys
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 16th August 2007
  • Ahhh, I have also heard that about the cream I love in my coffee. Is that true? Do you know?

Add a Reply