Group Discussions

My super, cool, and fabulous accomplishment of the day!!!

Subscribe
  • Hey all!

Sometimes I feel like I forget to count all the positive things that happen during a day. So I thought this would be a fun way to sort of pat ourselves on the back! Post something that you feel awesome about (no matter how small you may think it is)!

I taught my first Spanish immersion class today. I was really nervous, and then I started talking, and talking, and talking. I really think that my students learned something! The whole thing was freaking awesome!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on Monday
  • Oh, I love this idea. Good thinking and good going on your class. I think I know what my accomplishment will be for the day and if I make it then I'll post.
  • Yay you! I love it when the students actually learn something! It's one of the great highs in life, I think.

My accomplishment of the day will be getting up the courage to ambush....er ASK Diana Gabaldon for an interview. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kimberly on Monday
  • What a great idea - I am going to think of a way that we can make this a regular feature here at Work It, Mom! I, for one, spend so much time stressing about all the things I am not doing that I should be, it's nice to have a place to talk about what I've actually accomplished.

So here's mine - I've had something on my to-do list for over a month now. Yes, yes, I know - don't put it there if you can't get it done. But it was there. (No need for details - just a work-related tedious task that I knew would take a long time to get done.) Well, yesterday during my daughter's nap I took my laptop, made myself a good-for-me snack, settled on the couch and made myself get it done. It took 2 hours, it wasn't fun, but I felt so great to accomplish it!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on Monday
  • It's still pretty early in the day but so far I'm pretty proud of the fact that I dragged my kazoofus out of bed at 5:10 am and accomplished 20 minutes on the elliptical. My workout routine has been a little sleepy lately and I'm trying to get myself back into it. I will say that on the mornings I workout I have SO MUCH MORE ENERGY all day long! It always makes me feel GREAT!!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on Monday
  • Oh, Kimberly, GOOD LUCK! I've just re-read the series and I tell ya, it is so fantastic. When I first read them, I used to commute on the bus and trek them with me. Total PITA but well worth it! Don't even hesitate to ask her b/c I get the impression she's a very down-to-earth gal. How much fun will that be?!!?
  • Yay! So far, my accomplishment today is that I've managed to work for a couple of hours and take care of the baby- and he is now napping peacefully
  • I DID IT!!!!

I went to the signing, asked her if she'd do a Q&A for me, AND SHE AGREED!

I HAVE DIANA GABALDON'S GMAIL!!!! Sorry about the caps there, but I'm uberexcited.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kimberly on Monday
  • YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, KIMBERLY!!!!!!!!!!!

That is GREAT!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on Monday
  • Awesome, Kimberly!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on Monday

Add a Reply