Group Discussions

My super, cool, and fabulous accomplishment of the day!!!

Subscribe
  • today WAS a great day!! congrats kimberly!

My accomplishment wasnt nearly as exciting, but i think it's pretty cool that i actually made dinner. yup. I even used a pan and the stove!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 18th September 2007
  • I decided to push my accomplishment a bit further. After work we ate dinner with friends and when the kids were getting their backpacks emptied I hit the big ol' exercise ball and did 300 crunch's. The most I ever usually do is 100 and I rarely that so 300 was a HUGE accomplishment!! Go me!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 18th September 2007
  • Yay for all our accomplishments!

Today I actually am finishing the day out with the house cleaner than it was this morning. It's always a struggle to just break even...but I actually got all the dishes done!!...a small accomplishment...but still important.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 18th September 2007
  • Ok, I did my thing - I did a super-cool-get-my-butt-out-there thing and walk/jogged (due to hills and a really heavy heavy double jogging stroller, probably weighing in at 75lbs) about 5 miles, give or take. However, and not to bring down the awesome mood on this page, I was mugged, um, attempted mugging, on the way home with groceries in the stroller and the two babies chatting away. ATTEMPTED b/c I kicked the guys ass (excuse me for saying that but I'm a bit proud of how it went down in the end) and he didn't get anything. I'll have to write a whole article about this. Oh, wait, I guess I did do something super cool today, even more than my exercise goal - I kicked some guys butt who attempted to rob me and my babies. Hmm, I like the way that sounds. Then I had a bunch of moms and 13 kids over for a dinner playdate. Then I got some work done. Guess it was an accomplished day, of sorts. Now I want a drink ;).

Congrats to all of you. 300! Kathy you are amazing. And the interview, well I'm all jittery with excitement for you, Kimberly. You gals are all amazing and I'm so glad I found this group.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 18th September 2007
  • Mandy, you are incredible... that guy picked the wrong person to mess with.

I hope you had that drink. And that you are OK today.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 18th September 2007
  • HOLY CRAP MANDY!

Giving muggers the smackdown is DEFINITELY an accomplishment! I hope you filed a report with the police!!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 18th September 2007
  • Yup, I filed a report. The cop was so nice and asked me to show him what I did so he could go home and teach his wife. And I got that drink! And I feel good today though I want to go out for another walk but don't feel quite like I can. There's always the treadmill...and I'll have to catch up with you on crunches!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 18th September 2007
  • My big accomplishment today was not stuffing my face silly at work. I've been changing my eating to loose weight, and we have this HUGE, but boring project to work on. It was all I could do not to fall back into bad habits and eat anything around my desk.

Hopefully I can avoid this pitfall the rest of the week as well.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by kellyandie on 19th September 2007
  • woah Mandy!!! great job kicking butt!!!

today my accomplishment was shopping for health insurance. I actually picked out a reasonable plan.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 19th September 2007
  • My abs just called me a wench.

Today's accomplishment:

Another 300 sit-ups, 15 minutes on the weight machine, a warm-up on the elliptical and a 15 minute power walk at lunch.

Next I'm getting a cold bottle of water to drink while I read in bed. Usually I drink water AND eat an entire bag of super-buttery popcorn but I am resisting the popcorn, oh yes I am.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 19th September 2007

Add a Reply