Group Discussions

What's your genre?

Subscribe
  • It's early days yet. I'm sure most of us don't have any kind of a plot yet -- but I suspect some of you (so far it's just Jen and me, but I'm ever the optimist!) some of you know what kind of novel you plan on churning out.

Mine will be chick lit/semi-autobiographical (because I are a chick, after all). How about you??
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 4th October 2007
  • Mine is going to be the paranormal. Heh heh heh.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 4th October 2007
  • Nee-nee-nee-nee, nee-nee-nee-nee. (That's the Twilight Zone theme music, in case you can't hear it.)
  • Funnily enough, Mary, I can hear it, all the way from Canada...
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 4th October 2007
  • Oooh, mine is sort of ... what genre is Michael Chrichton? I think of him because he writes about these seemingly outrageous scientific technologies that all of a sudden seem very plausible in our society.

And although this isn't scientific, it's like that too.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Trudi Evans on 4th October 2007
  • YAY! It's not just Jen and me!! Hey there, Trudi!

So, we have a paranormal, a chick lit, and a "like-Michael-Chrichton-but-not".

We are just SO talented and versatile here are WIM, I tells ya.
  • As I see things now I suppose it will be classified as chick-lit; but who knows where I'll end up!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by CursingMama on 5th October 2007
  • oh man, do we have enough room for TWO chick lit novels? i dont know if i could write anything else - as anything else would surely require research and fact checking. i am far too lazy for that LOL
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 9th October 2007
  • There is plenty of room for chick lit (I hope!) because that is ultimately what I will be writing as well.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jen Creer on 9th October 2007
  • I usually write about the paranormal, but this year it's going to be sci-fi.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 10th October 2007

Add a Reply