Group Discussions

Expo networking

Subscribe
  • We have a women's business expo at the local mall this weekend. I'm planning on going to get some new members to my local networking group and maybe a few new clients.

I'm going to go armed with business cards, brochures for my business, flyers for my networking group, special offers (for anyone who shows interest in my services) and an open mind.

Anyone have experience with mall expos? It seems like it'd be very distracting to be set up in the mall, but it's also an opportunity to get out there and meet people.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Wendy Milonas on 13th October 2007
  • No clue but GOOD LUCK and let us know how it went. Your feedback could help many of us.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 13th October 2007
  • We actually did quite well, even though it was nothing like what we had expected, or what they had promised us. There were just a few vendors spread throughout the mall. It might have been more than a few but we had to take the vendor list and go on a scavenger hunt to find them all. And we still could not find two no matter how hard we looked!

So...it was not a successful expo for many of the vendors, but because I help them find new ways to market their business, having a bad day actually had them open to new ideas. Not that I want them to have a bad day, it just worked out that way.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Wendy Milonas on 15th October 2007

Add a Reply