Group Discussions

Let's share our favorite quick recipes here

Subscribe
  • I have tons of cookbooks and I know there are great recipe sites out there. I am sure many of us are in the same boat, but I thought we could also share one great and quick recipe that is fail-proof for our families. I know this would make my life much easier.

Here's my contribution - this roast chicken is easy, tasty, and both my daughter and my husband love it (note - I don't use fennel).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1 977,FOOD_9936_21404,00.html

What about you?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 17th October 2007
  • Chinese Peppered Pork Chops (Food Network Kitchens cookbook)

These are a super easy dinner.

1/3 cup soy sauce

2 tsp sugar

4 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp salt

2 cloves garlic, minced

6 1/4 inch pork chops (about 1/2 lbs)

Mix first five ingredients and marinate chops for 30 minutes. Heat oil in pan and cook turning once about 6 minutes. Repeat until all chops are done.

Note: I have marinated them longer and they are great. I usually bake mine at 350 for 30-45 minutes depending on the thickness of the chops.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Christine on 17th October 2007
  • Christine - this is so timely, I was just at the store last night and bought some pork chops, thinking I'll find a recipe. Thanks!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 17th October 2007
  • Okay this is gonna sound weird, but something quick that I do is make ramen with steamed tofu and vegetables.

Ramen noodles (throw out the flavor package though)

vegetable of your choice

cubed tofu

finely chopped ginger

lemon juice

soy sauce

I make the ramen noodles according to the package. While the water is coming to a boil I will steam a vegetable (I usually use zucchini) and cubes of tofu. I don't use the flavor packet that comes with the noodles. Then when the noodles are ready I add the vegetables, and tofu and then about a teaspoon of finely chopped ginger. I add lemon juice and soy sauce to taste...simple but good.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 18th October 2007
  • mamajama! that sounds SO GOOD! i think i may have to do that tomorrow. i do basically the same thing wiht rice and always forget about raman noodles! you can of course use fake frozen chicken instead of tofu (or meat eaters use real meat LOL)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 18th October 2007
  • OK all you busy moms out there. I would love to help you out when it comes to dinners and making your lives easier. I am "Chef Mama" and our goal is to do just that, help out busy moms. I will do my best to assist you all.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Shelleen McHale on 19th October 2007
  • oh chef mama - will you come over and make dinner?

tonight is night out (wegmans is awesome if you dont have one - grocery store AND yummy place to eat! i am so in love it's not right!)

but this weekend, hopeing for somethign more inspiring than grilled cheese, tuna salad, pasta with sauce, or stirfry - this is pretty much my entire recipee collection.

kinda sad once i typed it out. LOL
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 19th October 2007
  • Try this for friday fish night.

Crush Ritz Crackers

fish filets (we used cat fish)

eggs or egg beaters

flour

Dredge fish in eggs than flour than eggs again and finally ritz crackers, bake, fry however you like it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 19th October 2007
  • I would love to be able to cook you dinner! I am originally from Upstate NY and actually worked at Wegmans when it opened there! I miss it so much and go everytime I go home to visit.

Tell me what you all need the most help with.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Shelleen McHale on 20th October 2007
  • I made this last night, and it was a hit. I got the idea from another recipe I saw lately, and modified it for what I had in the kitchen...

3-4 pork chops (I used thin sliced ones)

garlic salt

pepper

1/2 c onion diced

1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes

1/2 c sour cream

3-4 c cooked rice

Season pork chops with garlic salt and black pepper. Brown both sides in a little olive oil or other cooking oil, along with the diced onions. Add canned tomatoes and simmer until pork chops are tender. Remove pork chops from pan. Add sour cream to tomatoes and stir over low heat until well combined.

Put pork chop over rice and top with tomato and sour cream sauce.

Took about 20 mins and the pork chops were still partially frozen when I started. I used my electric skillet for this because it's easier than the stove for maintaining the temp while I step away to chase the kids...!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kristie McNealy on 20th October 2007

Add a Reply