Group Discussions

The c-section shelf

Subscribe
  • I've heard the bulge that hangs over your c-section scar called this...does anyone know how to get rid of it?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 25th October 2007
  • I've got one of those too *sigh*. I've heard the only thing that will get rid of it is surgery.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenn_Givler on 25th October 2007
  • That's what I was afraid of....c'est la vie
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 26th October 2007
  • LOL! I hear ya!

I keep threatening that after I have the second kid, I'm gonna go "Extreme Make-over" on mine LOL!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenn_Givler on 26th October 2007
  • have u noticed that it's the perfect shape to rest on a table?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by OliveMartini on 28th October 2007
  • LOL You're exactly right!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 29th October 2007
  • LOL!!! Sad but true LOL!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenn_Givler on 30th October 2007
  • so there's no hope...i've been losing weight and now I have a turkey wattle under my belly button..how cute is that?!!?? I guess I should buy stock in whoever makes Spanx and then start saving up for de-wattling surgery.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by OliveMartini on 2nd November 2007
  • LOL!! I've heard that Spanx are fabulous... and I'm right there with you on saving for the surgery ;)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenn_Givler on 6th November 2007
  • I've always chalked it up to being an older mom. I had Pidge when I was 35 and I just haven't really bounced back. Plus, the women in my family tend to have tummies. I'm fairly resigned to it.

I wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the muscles being moved. It seems like my ab muscles just don't work the way they used to. In my pilates class, they just seem to check-out after a few minutes. They don't fatigue, or hurt, or even release...I think. Just all of a sudden I can't feel them contracting anymore. I've been meaning to ask the instructor about it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenns on 6th December 2007

Add a Reply