These are so cool! I'll promote them!!
Here are a couple of quick thoughts...
- consider creating an online or electronic version... or an ebook that can be downloaded and printed?? Once these are created, you could automate the entire purchase and download process and you won't have to do any shipping... you lower your overhead significantly which means a higher profit margin
- Create some sort of 'newsletter' that visitors to your website can sign up for... maybe it is weekly tips for bonding with your kids, cool things to do with your little ones, etc... make it a free online newsletter and have the weekly emails distributed through an autoresponder like aweber. Use each newsletter to bring your visitors one step closer to becoming a customer
- Create a follow-up plan with your customers... this is a consumable product - figure out how long it takes for it to be filled up and then follow up with them so they get their new journal as the old one is filled. Selling to current customers is a whole lot easier than trying to find new customers.
- NETWORK! This is a great place -- start building JV relationships with other moms who blog or have a subscriber base that might be interested in your product. If you create an electronic version (downloadable pdf's) - you can easily create an affiliate program and give those that promote your product(s) a nice commission for their efforts.
The more I think about what you have here - the more I can see HUGE potential... and you don't need Hallmark! Another great resource for learning how to market stuff like this - as well as a great networking site for developing JV relationships is Mom Masterminds. www.mommasterminds.com
- I'm a member there and have an affiliate link if you want (is that allowed here??) - www.jennihunt.com/recommends/mommasterminds.htm
Good luck to you!!