Group Discussions

ever feel-one-dimensional?

Subscribe
  • Hi ladies --

I am 6+ months into pregnancy with baby #1. It's a girl! We are so excited and cannot wait to meet this little one (who right now seems to be practicing her Tae Bo!). I sometimes feel so taken by all that is happening I often wonder: what did I ever think about / talk about / do pre-pregnancy!? Sometimes it is wonderful thing, and at times I have this sense of becoming completely one-dimensional -- like the pregnant analog to "bridezilla".

Anyone else have a similar kind of moment every now & then?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by kellyr on 8th November 2007
  • Haha, oh and how those moments continue! Congrats on the pending little girl. I remember those moments clearly. Well, maybe not so clearly anymore. It's amazing how fast it goes and then how easy it is to forget most of it. I'm glad you're so excited, though, since that will make the memories much more wonderful. I hope that it has been a great pregnancy in general!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 8th November 2007
  • Yeah- and then will come "what did I do before I had a kid and how did I EVER think I was busy then?" I'm not sure it ever ends...!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by heels on 8th November 2007
  • Kelly,

I totally understand. I've even stopped myself mid-conversation with friends and said "Tell me to stop talking about being pregnant. I know I must be boring." I think it's just so easy for us to fixate on what's going on in our lives and let's face it, this is one thing that literally goes with us everywhere.

Ashley
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 15th November 2007

Add a Reply