Group Discussions

Is anyone else already sick of Christmas?

Subscribe
  • The Christmas ads started Halloween night.

The Christmas music started last night on our local lite radio station and will continue without pause until after New Years.

The Christmas push is already on in the stores BIG TIME as they're all afraid of lousy sales this season.

The same Christmas party invitations will soon be in the mail, I'm sure.

Can I go away to the Bahamas for the last 2 weeks of December, please... Just me, a stack of about 20 books, and a case of wine?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Anne Florenzano on 15th November 2007
  • I'm not sick of it, but I also don't watch tv or listen to the radio, so I guess I'm out of the loop on that stuff. I did manage to wait until last night to have my first egg nog of the season. With whiskey! Mmmmmmmm..... I won't get tired of that until after the New Year!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by heels on 15th November 2007
  • I'm sick of it for different reasons. I am amazed that things are happening so early (I think retailers are scared about lower profits), but I'm already sick of being asked what my boys want for Christmas.

I can barely figure out what Santa and me and my husband are going to get them, let alone coming up with even MORE ideas to give out to others.

Sigh.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by kellyandie on 15th November 2007
  • We decided to start a new policy in our house this year regarding the holidays. The kids are each writing a "Christmas Story" and it can't be about getting presents! We are going to compile a book, publish the stories along with pictures and artwork from this year and give it out to all the Grandparents, aunties, etc...

As far as everyone asking me! What is up with that? I think our kids have way too much as it is. So we have decided one gift from us, one from Santa, and one from all the kids to each one... I am suggesting that family members limit their spending to one special gift and if they want to do more, I provide the numbers for the kids college savings plans.

I walked by the market today and they had Christmas trees for sale. Are you kidding me? Before Thanksgiving? That is one of the many reasons I have always loved Nordstrom, they take one holiday at a time and NEVER put Christmas decor up until the day after Thanksgiving. We all could use a page from that book.

We are working toward a counter-culture environment in our home... Think outside of the box and maybe we can turn these Holiday overload feelings into what they should be... a real sense of peace and enjoyment!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Yes, Mommy has to work today on 16th November 2007
  • One of the radio stations I usually listen to in the car started playing all Christmas music, all the time, last week.

I've re-programed the preset. It's not even Thanksgiving yet!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 16th November 2007
  • I love the holidays. But I don't shop until after Thanksgiving I don't put up my tree and decorations until Dec 16th that is my daughters BD and I take it all down on Jan 4 or 5th

I look at it this way. ..... I hate to shop all year long for Christmas...ok sure I may hit sales but things change I'd never remember where in the heck I put it all.

I enjoy each and every holiday.....but at Christmas they will put out Valentines.....it;s all all about the money.

I do try to keep some kind of true meaning in my kids lives without comercialization taking over.

Ms Anne, your vacation to the Bahamas would have palm trees decorated with lights, and your wine in the case would be the Christmas of 2000 batch and your books would be a Christmas time to remember, a wonderful life, etc....... So to you I say Happy Thanksgiving!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on Monday
  • Oh gag...I do not like the Christmas holiday for a list of reasons. Every year on November 1st I start praying for January 1st!!!!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on Tuesday
  • I don't my birthday is New Years and that is just another year older! I don't need to rush it!lolololollo
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on Tuesday
  • I'm already sick of Christmas. In my car my children started playing all Christmas music all the time.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MarryChristopher on 29th November 2012

Add a Reply