Group Discussions

How long/far is your commute?

Subscribe
  • i have realized that you can live close to work - and still have a very long commute! with out traffice, my commute is only about 20-30 minutes. however, that never happens and i am normally in traffice for 45 min - 1 hour
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 15th November 2007
  • My commute is 30 miles each way - and nearly all freeway, so if traffic is light it can be done in about 40 minutes. Traffic is light on holidays, or between 9 PM and 5 AM. (The wrong 9-to-5, by the way! ) This week it's been at least 90 minutes every morning except Monday, which was the Veterans' Day holiday (for some people). The drive home usually is a little better, or at least more consistent - about an hour.

But since I made the choice to move to Southern California, and am not looking for a job closer to home right now, I live with it. I'll gripe about it , but I'll live with it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 15th November 2007
  • My work/home commute is about 10 to 15 minutes. I live close enough to come home on my lunch breaks. The 15 minutes is our "rush hour" around here.

However, I always drop off & pick up my daughter at school, so it ususally takes me 30 minutes from home, to school, to work. I wouldn't dare leave her to catch the bus by herself or have her come home to an empty house.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 16th November 2007
  • My cousin drives 2 hrs one way. I interviewed in Baltimore for a job. Great offer but 2hrs one way doesn't get it. I love working at home!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 16th November 2007
  • I live 35 miles from my office. When I moved there, I was working nights, and my commute took 45 minues, door-to-door. Now, though, I work days, and it takes an average of 1 1/2 hours to get to work each way. ...

I love where I live, though.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 16th November 2007
  • Lylah how long have you been doing that?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 17th November 2007
  • My commute SHOULDN'T be too bad ever. Friday morning it took me 35 minutes to get from driveway to parking ramp. Unfortunately due to road construction, Friday night it took me an entire TWO HOURS to get home. 35 minutes should really be the norm but realistically, most days my commute is about 45 minutes each way.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 17th November 2007
  • I work about 35 miles away from my home, but because there is no good way to get there it ends up taking about an hour.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by DiannC on 21st April 2008

Add a Reply