Group Discussions

Need a fun break? Fill in this Meme!

Subscribe
  • Nataly mentioned in one of her posts that she'd been "Memed" recently, and that got me thinking... what a fun way to get to know one another a little better! So, if you have a few minutes and feel so inclined, share 7 random facts about yourself here.

1.) I can't sleep without covers. Even on really hot days, I have to have a sheet over me.

2.) I went to the same school from Kindergarten all the way through 12th grade.

3.) I hate drinking milk. Even calcium-fortified OJ tastes funny to me.

4.) I love keys. I used to have a ton of them on my keychain until I heard it was bad for my car's ignition.

5.) I always thought that I'd work while my husband stayed home. Sometimes, I still think that should be the way to go for our family.

6.) Dolls -- especially "realistic" looking ones and baby dolls -- have always felt creepy to me. I was totally a stuffed-animal kid.

7.) I used to write truly awful angst-filled poetry. Sometimes, to vent, I still do. Makes me cringe to read it, though.

And... tag! You’re it!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 3rd December 2007
  • Funny - I'm actually doing this meme on my blog later this week, but I've already got the post drafted, so I'm going to use it here too.

As it turns out, there's a thread connecting the facts I'm sharing here, so they're really not totally random.

1) I was born on Easter Sunday.

2) I was born on my mother's 34th birthday.

3) I got my horrible eyesight from my mother; my vision can't be corrected with LASIK, since it's beyond the reach of the instruments.

4) I got my love of reading from my mother too, which may not really help with the horrible eyesight...

5) I got my Italian heritage through my mother; my father's family was from what used to be known as Austria-Hungary.

6) My food preferences definitely are influenced by the Italian heritage - I'm a pasta-holic.

7) I have never been to any of the countries that my ancestors came from.

Lylah - Your #1 and #3 facts are both true for me too!

So, who's next?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 3rd December 2007
  • I don't believe I have done a meme in ages.

1). I love dance, especially Ballet.

2). I coached Cheerleading at the high school level for exactly one year... NEVER AGAIN!

3.) I always wanted 6 kids... I have four + plus one sister/kid.

4.) I've lived domestic violence, I am a survivor... not a victim.

5.) I CAN'T drink milk... its like toxin to my system, but I LOVE ice cream.

6.) I collect Barbie's.

7.) I love high heels, especially red ones.

Hmmmm... seems to be kind of a girly theme here!

NEXT?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Yes, Mommy has to work today on 3rd December 2007
  • 1. I have attended a dozen or so labours as a support person.

2. I am a voracious reader, going through 10 - 20 books a month.

3. I love to sing.

4. I adore Christmas.

5. I married (second marriage) six months ago, my soulmate.

6. I never believed in soulmates, before him. So I waited for ten years before marrying him, just to be sure.

7. I have three children and five step-children.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 3rd December 2007
  • 1) I was born and raised vegetarian

2) I meditate everyday when I get up and before I go to bed (you don't want to know me if I miss out on this).

3) I was born at home, and watched one of my sisters being born.

4) I spent my freshman year of highschool in boarding school in India.

5) I love yoga, but can't stand the term downward facing dog...we called it triangle pose growing up.

6) I cannot eat anything in the morning before I brush my teeth.

7) I love big dogs, but never realize how big they are until I see someone who is intimidated by them. I grew up with a doberman, and now have a rhodesian ridgeback.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 3rd December 2007
  • FUN!

1. I painted our basement/playroom BRIGHT sunshine yellow.

2. I refuse to eat eggs (bad experience growing up on a farm)

3. I was homeschooled from kindergarten through highschool

4. I am my husband's 4th wife

5. My mother lives in Kenya, Africa and my father lives in Okinawa, Japan

6. I have 5 tattoos

7. I lost my wedding ring this summer in DC . . . it's not been replaced yet.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Naomi on 4th December 2007
  • This is fun reading!

MaryP - I didn't believe in soulmates before my second husband either. I'm still not sure I do, but at least I'm more open to the possibility now.

Mamajama - My in-laws had a Rhodesian Ridgeback for years; according to my mother-in-law, he was the Best Dog Ever. He passed away before my husband and I met, and his parents never got another dog afterwards.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Florinda Pendley Vasquez on 4th December 2007
  • ok i will give it a whirl!

1. i don’t eat meat or mushrooms because i just really don’t like them

2. i love almost all music - from classical to rap and just about everything in between

3. i am trying to start my own business, very very early stages

4. i love christmas and all the fuss even though i am not particularly religious

5. When i first met my husband i thought he was just kind of 'blah'

6. i love photography and wish i had more time to take pictures

7. My favorite drink is a Manhattan up!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 4th December 2007
  • 1) I made up a name for my favorite drink - the Delsina - and went to bars throughout Boston and Cambridge w/ friends asking for it for years. In some bars they still know what it is! (ginger ale, tequila, grand marnier & lime)

2) I was a freshman starter on my college basketball team and reported to be 5'9".

3) All my adult life I've been 5'5", a foot shorter than hubby, but with my first pregnancy I gained an inch.

4) I make my own hot sauce

5) I love all of the seasons as they arrive for about two months then I'm so over it.

6) I need to have some "me" time everyday and that usually includes meditating or yoga plus time to veg on the 'puter.

7) I likes me some good tequila and will sip it when it's really good stuff.

Ha, I didn't think I'd come up with 7 and I'm going to post them before I change my mind!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 4th December 2007
  • I am loving all these posts!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 4th December 2007

Add a Reply