Group Discussions

end of year stress - ideas?

Subscribe
  • do any of you have end of year stress?

I have all these things that have to be wrapped up in a pretty bow by the end of the year - like a status report for the month of december due, when? oh yes TODAY, December 4th. it should include all of the completed activities in december! it's insane and i am having a hard time today getting motivated to comply with the insanity.

any tips?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 4th December 2007
  • So far I haven't thought about the year end stuff and I know I should. Working for myself and not having to report to anyone (ok, except the IRS) gives me a lot more freedom I'm sure. So does being so small. Keeping my records and all in order throughout the year, however, makes that easier.

On a personal level with the house and all I feel the stress more in the fall. All of the have-to-do things for the house before the cold really hits. This year, though, things have really fallen into place personally and professionally so I'm looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the season.

Ew, rereading the sicky sweetness of it all makes me want to hurl!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 4th December 2007
  • rofl you are so funny MANDY!! not sticky sweet!! it's AWESOME and you should be enjoying it

i am just frustraited with the crankiness of my coworkers at the moment... grrrr
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 4th December 2007
  • Ugh, cranky coworkers or spouse can make things so difficult. Keep a smile on your face. I have a feeling you pretty much always have one anyway!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 4th December 2007
  • I wasn't feeling much holiday spirit, but I dragged out some decorations and wreaths and put the candles in each front window late last night and... you know what? I felt like maybe I could get things wrapped up this year after all.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 4th December 2007
  • I have a slight bit of the end of the year stress......I am trying to rap up a major bid that I have been working on since Oct 31st. They need to approve this made changes to that and oh we need to order 5 so can they be done before 1st week in Jan....only if they give me the order can they be ready.......shewww What's funny is the sub contractor sent the wrong specs to the end user. And I have several vendors that shut down mfg during the holidays soooo. I can only hope that the guy gets his stuff straight and orders next week.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 7th December 2007
  • Kim! that is so frustraiting! did it get straightened out?

i think this is the last week of the crazy holiday stress week (oh i hope i hope!) so next week i am planning to finish up all the HOLIDAY crazy life stress stuff...

how says balance (or stress) has to all happen on the same day? LOL sometimes it's one week of work focus and one week home focus!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 11th December 2007

Add a Reply