Group Discussions

slow cooker recipes with 5 or less ingredients?

Subscribe
  • ok I want to try this whole slow cooker thing since I HAVE ONE that I never use and am thinking hubby and son might actually like it!

however, I get intimidated with lists of a million ingredients... ideas on something i can make with 5 or less ingredients?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 11th December 2007
  • I am going to check my recipe book for you and see if I can find something - maybe not 5, but close
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 12th December 2007
  • I need to use my slow cooker more-

here are 2 easy quick suggestions-

make a rotisserie style chicken-

Take 1 whole chicken

sprinkle with seasoning inside and out

(can use Lawry's Seasoned Salt, or get fancy with a combo of onion/garlic powders, salt and pepper and put a cut up lemon and onion inside the chicken cavity)

now ball up about 8 balls of tin foil to the size of golf balls and place in the bottom of the crock pot.

rest the chicken, breast side down on the tin foil balls, and set your crock pot for 6-8 hours on low.

I swear this is the easiest chicken EVER- it falls off the bone and tastes delish!!!!

(The tin foil balls keep it from cooking in its fat, you'll see...)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MsMD310 on 17th December 2007
  • here is the other one

crock pot chicken taco filling

take 2 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts

place in crock pot with 1 packet of taco seasoning mix and 1 can of chicken broth

cook on low 4-6 hours

shred the chicken with a fork and serve with all the fixings for tacos, burritos, etc

to make BEEF taco meat, you can place an inexpensive beef roast in the crock pot with a jar of ANY salsa, cook on low for 6-8 hours, and shred the meat at the end.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MsMD310 on 17th December 2007
  • I have a cookbook called Slow Cooker Recipes with 5 Ingredients (or less!)

Or at least the title is something like that. Although I once I found a recipe with 6 ingredients so the title is a lie!

Anyways, if you tell me something specific you're looking for, I can probably find a recipe for it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Jenni on 19th December 2007
  • I am so excited. I just got a vegetarian slow cooker cookbook....Once I get a chance to try some, I will let you guys know
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 26th December 2007
  • OH OH i so want the vegitarian recipees! what is the book?

also - MsMD310 - i love the idea for the taco meat recipee! i can easily do that with 'fake' meat and i bet it would be YUMMY!!!

also thinking of trying pasta, why not? put like all the lasagna ingrediants in a slow cooker and see what happens LOL ok really thinking about buying stuffed shells and sauce and going that route... my cousins wife used to do this and it was pretty good! and eady... allll about the easy LOL
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 31st December 2007
  • mmmm!!! I just tried my first recipe from my cookbook. It was awesome! It was a ziti casserole. Not 5 ingredients or less, but really really good. In a skillet, You sautee 1 minced onion until it softens, and then add two cloves of minced garlic until the garlic becomes fragrant. Then add that and a large can on crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup of dry red wine, 1 cup of hot water, and 12 ounces of vegetarian burger crumbles. Stir it up, and cook on low for 3.5 hours. Then add 8 ounces of ziti (precooked) and cook another 20-30 minutes. Garnish with some chopped parsley and basil and sprinkle with Parmesan. It was a huge hit tonight. Not the easiest recipe from the book, but I wanted to make something pretty special tonight because we were having company (btw, they loved it and didn't even notice that it was vegetarian).

PS. Kat, the book is called "Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker"...Enjoy!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 3rd January 2008
  • turkey burger, beef and or veal

sautee with onion

ketchup, brown sugar, worchester sauce

put in crock pot.................homemade sloppy joes

keep in crock pot on warm and it tastes better as the day goes by......mmm
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 4th January 2008
  • 1 bag of saurkraut

1 package of smoked turkey links.............cut into small pieces

1/2 cup brown sugar

pepper to taste

salt if you have too

water to the top of the crock pot

let this cook all day at times you may have to add a little more water it gives a great sweet sour taste and the
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kim Begnaud on 4th January 2008

Add a Reply