Group Discussions

Is there anything you do just for you?

Subscribe
  • I was trying to do an inventory of Christmas gifts earlier today -- what I'm giving to whom -- when I realised that I haven't listed anything for myself. Not even a wish list! I changed that, but it made me wonder... as moms, do we end up focusing so much on everyone else during the holidays that we forget ourselves?

Is there anything you do just for you, at the holidays or in general? What is it?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 12th December 2007
  • i tell myself i am making treats (cookies, candies, general chocolatey goodness) for others, but really it's for me

also, shopping is pretty much for me too, even though it's shopping for other people, i just like the whole deal! going out and being surrounded by people and looking at all the cool stuff and thinking about who would like what and why - it's really fun and a destresser for me!

yes, i realize i might be a tad crazy
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 12th December 2007
  • I do cards that get sent to others, but it's about ME because I like doing them.

But, a real for-me thing is yoga. Whenever I can spend time on the mat is all about meeting my own needs.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kat on 12th December 2007
  • A manicure and pedicure is something I have found is perfect for me to have a little ME time!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mel on 29th January 2008

Add a Reply