Renovation fantasy time! (It's ok to dream...)Subscribe
Okay, let's imagine -- just for fun -- you have an unlimited budget. What five renovations/home improvements would you choose? I would:
1. replace the poured concrete driveway and path with rough-hewn paving stones in a natural, curving design.
2. open up the entryway to my home - make it bigger and add a big porch or deck to make it look more welcoming.
3. open up the living room for more sunlight - knock out some walls.
4. build a roomy master bathroom with whirlpool.
5. lay hardwood in the kitchen to match the rest of the house.
Ahh. It felt good to at least imagine all of that! Happy New Year!
1.) Landscaping!! The front of our house deinitley needs some curb appeal!
2.) Lengthen/Widen our back patio, currently it i a teeny square slab. Not big enough for barbecuing and having friends hang out on.
3.) Remodel our shower to incorporate 2 showerheads. DH and I have dreamed of this FOREVER.
4.) Change the fieplace to gas and make it larger.
5.) Close in the second dining area for an extra bedroom.
Our house is just a few years old, so not too many changes just yet.
I seriously have a list that's 3 pages long. No joke.
New flooring everywhere
New kitchen and bathroom fixtures
Replacing guest bath/shower combo with decent sized bathtub (which would mean bumping out the side of our house to make room!)
Building a new workshop in the backyard
I want to play!
We want to turn the garage into a living room/play room (since we don't use it for the car, just storage.
Replace the garage door with big windows for light.
Either connect to the new room with french doors, or open up the space completely.
A shed for everything we used to keep in the garage.
And a patio in the back off the deck.