Group Discussions

Do you have one "serious" bag?

Subscribe
  • When I turned 30 (ok, now you know I am at least that old my parents got me a "serious" bag as a gift. I could never bring myself to spend money on bags, so they got me a Cole Haan leather tote, which I love. I only use it for "serious" things, like business meetings, but it's great.

Anyone else do this?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Nataly on 19th January 2008
  • Feel like I can't answer being that I worked at Cole Haan, and a few others so I am considered a bag lady of sorts.

I think a special bag is always nice to have & well deserved for all hard working women. Bags like CH last for years. The look doesn't die and they wear well.

You can wear a look from Targe' and wear a great bag and you look like a million bucks.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 20th January 2008
  • I can completely relate! My mom is very "Prada" and I have never been able to bring myself to spend money on purses or shoes. For Christmas 2 years ago she bought me my first Louis Vuitton. I was very thankful, but at the same time this bag cost more than my washer/dryer. I only use it on special occassions. I am guilty of feeling "proud" when I carry it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 20th January 2008
  • I don't have a serious bag. Only because honestly, I take all of my husbands hand-me-downs and he's a messenger bag carrying fool. So, not only are my bags all dingy and used but they are usually very masculine.

But for some reason my husband has refused to have a serious bag, even now in a very serious position, he still carrys the "urban" messenger bags with stencils on them.

However, now that I'm in my "Budget Fashionista" project... I have been eyeing some serious bags - there's been a few at Target that I really like!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by The Tattooed Mommie on 22nd January 2008
  • I have one that I only use for when I dress up. However, I think it cost me about $12 at TJMaxx, so...
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by heels on 8th February 2008

Add a Reply