Group Discussions

Favorite free spot to take the kids?

Subscribe
  • do you have a favorite place to take the little ones on the weekends that is FREE!? i know we have lots of free stuff going on in DC but what about VA and MD?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 7th February 2008
  • Do you have Lowe's or Home Depots there? We do the free building workshops with the kids. Lowes are twice a month on Saturdays and Home Depots are once... I think! They are fun... free... and a great way to kill an hour or two. The kids LOVE bringing home something they built! At Lowes, they received an apron at our first visit... each projects earns a patch that I sew on. Great fun.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Yes, Mommy has to work today on 7th February 2008
  • The park, but sometimes not just straight to the playground, I will take them an unusual way to get there or we'll explore a back way through a dry creek bed or something fun like that where we can look for fossils. We'll come up through the creek and they see the park and realize we just went a different way.

My kids also like the Barnes and Noble story times and the library.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Just Elaine on 8th February 2008
  • Hahaha...reminds me of the time during one long, cold winter that in desperation I took my boys to a nearby, upscale grocery store on a Friday when they give out lots and lots of free food samples. We spent about 2 hours there, and had a blast! We tasted all kinds of food, bought all kinds of food I would NEVER usually buy, and we all left happy. I'm sure THE STORE didn't enjoy it half as much as we did, but who cares.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Anne Florenzano on 11th February 2008

Add a Reply