Group Discussions

February 12-19 Fit Goals

Subscribe
  • Here's a place to put your fit goals out there! Start small. We'll start a new topic every week and see where we're at.

In one month I want to lose:

In one month I want to be a size:

I will reach this goal by:

These are a guideline. You, of course, can add to it. You can put your measurements in here. You can add your weight.

One goal I have is to write down everything I eat AT ALL TIMES. I think I need to to do this in order to see where I can make changes. I've never really tried a diet so this is my first go at making an overall change in my health. I'll be filling this out, too, but right now I wanted to get this out here for everyone to attack.

I'm also going to exercise EVERY DAY. I'm pretty good about this now but I need to up the intensity. I would love to know that some of you gals are doing the same. We could do a group IM on say a Wed night at 9 and say "I worked out!" or "I didn't work out" and why and how...just thoughts.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 12th February 2008
  • I am on my way to the gym. My son has a tumble tots class(drop off) and I can run down one flight and do the treadmill. It is a start. Thankfully grandpa is visiting and he'll babysit my little one(dad is so nervous to be alone w/her..cute but he'll be o.k.)

This is great Mandy!

Can we IM through here? Wed Night is good for me at 9:00 - I am in. I am excited. BIG HUG!

I am printing this out.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 12th February 2008
  • awesome awesome awesome!!! writing down SO HELPS

i suppose we should be realistic right? so i will say that iin one month i want to lose: 10lbs

AND i want to start hitting my treadmill at home a MINIMUM of once a week and work my way up to more often. baby steps.

AND i want to do a yoga DVD once a week!

IM on WIM would ROCK, btw - nataly you watching this thread? ;)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 12th February 2008
  • SO, Kate, your goal for this week is to be on the treadmill once? And the yoga vid once? That's great. You can always up it for next week.

My goal is to lose 2 lbs this week.

I'm going to use my Turbo Jam DVD four times this week.

I'm going to do yoga 5 times this week.

This all starts today. And I really shouldn't count my teaching as doing b/c I don't tend to work as hard since I have to watch people and walk around...so it seems like a lot but this is doable for me because I'm writing it down and going to be consistent. Just doing these workouts should help me to lose that 2 lbs between today and next Tuesday.
  • O.K.

I went to the gym

did 15 on treadmill and 10 on the stair machine.

Tomorrow - Wed

I will do

15 on stair machine

10 on treadmill

then weights

**** all depends on weather but will a tape at home if I can't get to the gym.

Thursday

Try and get to a class

Friday

VDAY

Saturday

YOGA

I am going to check out Turbo jam.

Thanks - I am already feeling better
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 12th February 2008
  • I really had misgivings about getting a DVD like Turbo Jam then I thought, in a late night wine haze, that's the only kind I would probably do. It took a little while to get the moves down but I like it. And it makes me sweat!
  • lol yes sorry, i just realized this is WEEKLY and not mothly. it's been a weird day. LOL

yes so this week, small steps!

tonight i will attempt to yoga.

tomorrow night, treadmill for min. 15 minutes (at that point i can usually push to 30, we shall see)

thursday - vday and night off!

friday - i have the day off so might try to do both! crazy!

oh and lose 5lbs HAHAH just kidding, would be happy with 2lbs
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 12th February 2008
  • Oh, man. Way to ruin my evening. Here I sit in my sweats...and you don't even want to know what I just ate. Grrr.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 13th February 2008
  • My elliptical broke on Monday so my goal this week is to get it FIXED!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KathyHowe on 13th February 2008
  • momof2lovelies, that's fantastic that you got out yesterday and did it. Didn't it feel great.

I know I said I wasn't going to count the days I teach yoga but I'm so damn sore today from my intermediate class last night that maybe I should count it! I have a sinus infection so I couldn't do a lot of hanging upside down but for a girl with that going on and a hyperextended thumb I really kicked my own butt! Lots of plank/push ups and hip & groin openers. Plus I broke a sweat. So much for taking it easy when teaching!

I don't know what I was thinking when I said I'd do an IM tonight (Wed). It's date night so hubby and I are off to the Cs game and I won't be home until midnight. Perhaps you gals who are also talking about it - momof2lovelies and Kate - can exchange IM names and still chat? Mine is dandysound - of course .

Today I'll do an hour of cardio (turbo jam) and and another hour + of bundling up two toddlers to get them to my doc appointment in the snow/rain so I can get antibiotics. That has to count as some exercise!! I'm also going to have only ONE cup of coffee today, an extra water bottle full of water (I normally have 2-3 32 bottles).

Ok, if document this for the public doesn't help me get in better shape and lose this extra weight then I'm going to crawl in a hole. On the beach. In Jamaica.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 13th February 2008

Add a Reply