I just came out of a regular job and here is what made it hard for me...
- rushing around in the mornings to get myself and the kids ready to all be at school/work on time.
- trying to figure out how to juggle this when I had an early morning meeting.
- having to ask for time off for doc appts, school plays, mothers day teas, volunteering and field trips (which I didn't want to miss).
- having to rush off to pick up a sick child...then take the next few days off as the others all got sick too! Felt really guilty when colleagues had to take meetings for me.
- feeling guilty because I had to leave the office at 4:30 in order to get all the kids picked up and home through the traffic so we could have a decent meal at a decent time!
- getting frustrated at work on slow days, because I could rather be at home doing chores!
I am not sure what kind of freelancing you do, so you may still face some of the problems I had.....but right now I LOVE the fact that I have the flexbility to work late at night if I have to!
I am just guessing there is never an easy answer no matter which way we go