Group Discussions

February 19-26 Fit Goals

Subscribe
  • A new week, new goals. For those of you just joining us you can see past posts and goals here: http://www.workitmom.com/1266_2175_0.html

This week I'll attempt to work out 5 days. I'm only teaching yoga one night this week and it's a very intense, invite-only class for an hour and a half so it's definitely going to count toward this goal. Oh, and by work out I mean CARDIO. This yoga class will qualify. And I'm also going to work toward 4 days of an ab workout on top of that. I can do it!

My food goals are to continue to be aware of what I'm eating and make healthy choices. There will be one splurge day, though, just haven't decided which day that is.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 19th February 2008
  • A new week, new goals? I'll chime in...

I lost 6 lbs before going on vacation the end of January.

I gained 5 back during vacation - arghhh!

I'm now back down, and this week I want to lose 2 more, to make it -8 by Saturday. When I stick to it, I lose a steady 2 lbs a week, which I think is reasonable.

I'm exercising and eating healthily.

That is my goal. I'll check in on Saturday to let you know how I did.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Anne Florenzano on 20th February 2008
  • This week my goal is to run 15 miles and attend boot camp 3 times. I've been consistent with attending boot camp since the beginning of the year and it's making my running stronger.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by April Mims, Career Coach on 20th February 2008
  • April! 15 miles?! wow! that is fantastic!! all i want is to run a measly single mile LOL! this week i plan to continue healthy eating and sneak in working out as much as possible with stairs, parking further away etc.

also will try to hit the treadmill at least twice this week depending on work demands (sleep is a higher priority since the kiddo has been getting up for a couple hours at night and having a hard time going back to sleep thanks to teething. lovely).

this weekend we will be heading out doors and doing a lot more walking/moving outside as a family! woohoo!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 20th February 2008
  • This week has been a slow one for me. Will work out tomorrow.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 20th February 2008
  • Anne: that's fantastic. I agree that 2 a week is great.

April: I'd shut you out of this group for doing so much if it weren't for the fact that you're motivational ;). Oh, and that I can't shut anyone out because I'm not in charge!!

Yesterday I did a great ab workout and did some more on top of that: one full sit up for every point the Celtics scored. I was going to make them push ups since that's so much more of a challenge but I have a hyper extended thumb so no go.

Gots to get me some cardio today since I've been sitting at my desk ALL DAY.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 20th February 2008
  • I can not be on the IM tongiht. Not feeling my best.

I am actually turning in now.

great job to everyone and I am sorry to bail out tonight.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 21st February 2008
  • mo2l, I hope you feel better! And I hope you're not kicking yourself for being sick. Go to bed, rest, and get better!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 21st February 2008
  • Ok, let me clarify so you don't hate me (or kick me out!). I'm training for 2 half marathons in April and have to increase my mileage every week. This is the really tough part of the training for me because I usually don't run more than 10 miles a week (on a good week). This fits into my longer term goal of finishing the race, not being last, and being able to stand up (without assistance) at the finish line.

You guys are all doing great!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by April Mims, Career Coach on 21st February 2008
  • ok, can I just say that full sit ups SUCK?!!? I've paced them out but the game isn't even at the half and I don't know if I can ever get to 100. KathyHowe...where are you? How did you ever have a gazillion crunches?!!? OUCH and I'd bow down if I could but I don't think my abs can contract ever again.

April: SOOO cool. I'll come run the last inch and hold you up!! Well, maybe I'd go for a full two inches since my kicks would help me make that goal.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 21st February 2008

Add a Reply