Group Discussions

So... Who's Thinking About It?

Subscribe
  • I'vm strongly considering going, though I'm still not sure if I can afford to go to the conference itself. Maybe just the cocktail parties! I'll be down in SF during that time, regardless (can't pass up the opportunity!). Will anyone join me? Maybe we can have a Work It, Mom meetup?!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by heels on 28th February 2008
  • I am. Intimidated by a number of things: the logistics -- passport, flights, time off etc; the expense (see flights, above), a few other things. but definitely thinking about it. Also wondering if I mightn't be wiser to wait till next year, when it will be on THIS side of the continent! But very, very interested.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 28th February 2008
  • wait - it's coming to THIS SIDE in 2009? oh so excited! i can't rationalize going to SF but i could soooo rationalize just about anything up and down the east coast ;)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kate on 28th February 2008
  • It's my understanding that the plan is to alternate sides. Two years ago San Jose (right?) (San something!), last year Chicago, this year SF, next year back here. And there are one-day mini BlogHers planned this fall in Boston, Atlanta, and a few other spots, so there's always that "taster" experience for this year!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 29th February 2008
  • I am hoping to be able to do it, too. I am (newly) working as an Editor at BlogHer Ads and am really impressed by the company. Everyone is really supportive and just...refreshing, I guess. This would be my first time. I think it is a little bit intimidating, maybe, but also a chance to get to know others like us who are excited about the opportunity to meet other mommy bloggers!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Ashley on 4th March 2008
  • I'm going. This will be my 3rd year. Wouldn't miss it.

BTW, if the conference fees are a little hard for you to reach, think about volunteering. I did that last year. It was fun, I met a lot of people, and my entrance was paid! It's worth it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by lolagoetz on 20th March 2008
  • I want to go... however its unlikely I will make it this year as it looks to coincide with my hubby's next Asia trip. Since I am on the West Coast... this year would be easier (and less expensive) to pull off, but... I am planning on 2009.
  • You know, I tried to reach someone about volunteering, but I got no reply. I really can't afford to go now (we've had some...um... setbacks), but I may be able to make it to a cocktail party. We'll see.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by heels on 20th March 2008

Add a Reply