Group Discussions

Your favorite thing to do in NYC

Subscribe
  • What is your favorite thing to do in NYC? Just for you? with your children? With your husband?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Victoria on 22nd March 2008
  • Oh my, I have lots of things I love to do:

Just for you? -- shoe shopping at Bloomingdale's or Macy's flagship store (10 city blocks of shoes!), clothes shopping in SoHo

with your children? -- Pizza at Lombardi's in Chinatown/Little Italy

With your husband? -- splurge and have drinks and dessert on the outdoor patio of the W New York - The Tuscany (or, *really* splurge and stay there)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by relaxnsmile on 25th March 2008
  • Personally what I love about NYC is that I can do basically whatever I want. Go to yoga, get my nails done, get a massage, go shopping, etc. What I like to do with my husband is go to museums, theater, art galleries, movies, shopping and have dinner in fabulous restaurants. What I like to do with my daughter is go to the park in her stroller (weather permitting) go to FAO, take her to language classes and music classes, just spending time with her. She is 7 mos old so there is only so much we can do at this point. As she gets older I think we will branch out a bit more in the things we do, but at this point we mostly stay uptown because this is where we live.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by LEMARAIS on 25th March 2008
  • My favorite thing to do in NY is maybe catch a movie and have dinner. With the kids go bowling or th e park or the museum and grab something to eat. I would like to gert out more and see more of NY like Chinatown maybe go upstate and see the leaves change because this is my favorite season.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by PullingmyHairOut on 29th September 2008
  • This is not so much about one favorite place, but just in general a tribute to all that New York offers. I love that it offers history & tradition, but it hangs its hat on being a center of what's fresh and new and crazy. I no longer live there, but we get back to visit my family occasionally. Mom often comes up with some new place to go check out. For example, taking the free ferry to Governor's Island, which was an unexpected pleasant surprise. Plus they had those water tower displays going. There was also this wacky David Byrne (yes, of Talking Heads fame) piece where he put this old organ in this unused ferry terminal near the Staten Island ferry terminal...and he hooked up the keys to these weird sound-making devices. Totally wacked, but scored high on the novelty scale. And part of the fun is the walking. For starters, it's great exercise, but there's always things to see all around you. One of my latest new walking haunts is down the Bowery. It's not what some people think! Plus, that's near one of my favorite food places: Eileen's Cheesecake. It's a tiny place and makes the best cheesecake in the universe. And the architecture in that area is pretty cool to look at, too. Makes me think of the history of New York, the lower East side and all that. And of course, you hit Chinatown & Little Italy, so you get the cultural experience. You can buy a fresh fish from a plastic tub right there on the sidewalk in Chinatown...I think that's cool. There's so so much stimulation to keep my 8 yr-old son entertained just by walking around...but yet he also enjoys just going to the playground, and we have one near my mom's, so we have that as well. God, I miss NY. - Paula. :)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by tkd_mama on 29th September 2008
  • Great! I heard so many nice things about New York and that makes me hold on to my dream to come and explore the city. :-)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by UsMom on Sunday

Add a Reply