Group Discussions

New Mom Without a Mom

Subscribe
  • HI, I am a new mom. We recently adopted a beautiful baby boy (he is 7 monthsold now) and I am over the moon. The only thing missing is my mom. She passed away before my son was born. She always new that I wanted to be a mom and always told me that I would be a great one. I feel so bad because my son is missing out on knowing one of the greatest women in the world and I know she would have been an amazing Grandma. Afterall, she considered my cocker spaniel her Granddaughter. Iit's very, very hard without her. She was in addtion to my mom, my best friend.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 25th March 2008
  • *hugs* Diane-

I know it is difficult, my mom passed in 1998. She never met my hubby, never got to meet my kids. Shoe would have LOVED my husband and would have ADORED the kids. It took me a long time to not be so sad. She had a very rough life though, and was very sick. We have her photos in the living room (we have a very neat one from the 1940's- her high school graduation picture) and my kids know that Grandma Joyce is happy in heaven (even though they don't really know what heaven is yet).

Just know that she is there watching over you and knows that you have found such happiness and joy in your baby boy.

~earthmama
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Earthmama on 26th March 2008
  • Hi Diane!

Congrats on your litte boy. My husband lost his mother two years ago. The night she died, I found out I was prego. I had a little girl. We also have a little boy. We always say that their grandma would have loved to be a part of their lives everyday.

I have my mom and I know how much I would feel what you are feeling. I am sorry.

Enjoy your boy and your mom knows you are indeed a great mom.

Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 26th March 2008
  • Hi Diane, I'm so happy for you that you have your bundle of joy, and my heart just aches for you that you don't have your mother. I think the only thing that you can really do is shower all of your love and affection on your son, and make sure to pass down some of your Mom's traditions to him so that he can know her through you.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 26th March 2008
  • Thank you all so very much for your kind words, they are very much appreciated. I tell my son everyday about his special "Angel" in heaven and that's how he got his middle name. I make sure that the love I know she would have given him gets to him through me and my husband. I show him pictures of her everyday and tell him all about her.

Thanks again.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Diane on 27th March 2008
  • Dear Sir/Ma,

Furtunes Limited is in search of company representatives in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia and Middle East This project has been developed in a way not to affect your present job nor bring you any form of stress but in order to help take care of those extra costs while you work for us. Furtunes Ltd is a company that deals in the production and supplies of Batik, Assorted African fabrics, various clothing materials, African art materials and all kinds of furniture’s for exporting to the world from the Republic of South Africa.
    Presently our website is under construction and should be ready soon. Recently It came to my knowledge that there are a lot of lapses in handling funds coming from our clients in the USA, CANADA, EUROPE and ASIA which come in forms of Cashiers checks, Company checks and Money Orders which are not readily cashable here in south africa,....So we need someone in the to work as our representatives and assist us in processing the payments from our various clients which come in on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. This is why we decided to employ representatives to help us receive our payments at your contact address you shall be providing us, in order to process our payment from our clients. All you need to do is to receive this payment from our clients and get it cashed in bank or a cashing center then deduct your 15% and forward the balance to the company down here via Moneygram International Money Transfer. Our payments will be issued out in your name as we would inform our clients to do. Therefore the following details would be needed. If you are indeed interested in this job offer, Kindly forward the below information to (furtunesltd@yahoo.com /martin_jason1980@yahoo.ca )

{1} Full Name
    {2} Phone number
    {3} Email address
    {4} Full contact address / zip code.(Living and physical address requested).
    {5} Gender
    {6} Marital status
    {7} Age
    {8} Profession
    {9} Nationality

Upon your full details received, you will acknowledged with a Certificate of Representative and We would forward these information to our clients and they will start making payments to you as the company's representative in the states. Once we have all your details in our records. We would notify you as soon as we confirm that one of our clients is mailing payment across to you.

I await your urgent response.

Warmest Regards,

Jennifer Adams
    Managing director
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by jenny on 12th January 2012

Add a Reply