Group Discussions

Tips for grant writing?

Subscribe
  • I'm considering writing a mini-grant application locally for craft materials. I'd like my fourth grade students to experience a craft that represents in some way each region they study. For example, when they studied the Southwest, they did paper weaving after examining several Navajo designs. I would love to see them weave with yarn or even wool instead to get a more authentic feel for the craft. For our own Wisconsin, wouldn't it be great if I could take them outside to the park down the block and tap the sugar maple trees? But all this takes money.

Suggestions?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Daisy on 29th March 2008
  • Daisy- I have no advice as far as grant writing goes- but have you tried contacting some nature centers in your area? I write weekly about local events in our area and lately there has been at least 3 different nature centers offering this program each week, for free. Here's an example of one I added to our calendar yesterday:

Gifts of the Maple-Learn about the process of making maple syrup from start to finish, hike to the sugarbush, view sap boiling, and taste fresh syrup. No reservations are needed. 3pm-4pm; cost is free
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Earthmama on 29th March 2008
  • I have a friend who regularly applies for medical grants, and with a decent success rate. I'll ask her if she thinks she can help you, and if so, I'll send you her email.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryP on 4th April 2008

Add a Reply