Group Discussions

Warm weather workouts

Subscribe
  • Tonight I just played out in the yard with our dog with babyjama riding on my back. No it probably doesn't technically count as a workout, but it did get me thinking. I want to spend my fitness time outside. I will be getting my bicycle out again as soon as my Father-in-law leaves town...until then I'm focusing on indoor projects. What about you? What are you doing to get outside?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 16th April 2008
  • I joined an outdoor conditioning "boot camp". We meet three nights a week. We vary our workouts each night. One night we do upper body, another we do lower body and for the third we do a total body workout. I was having a hard time bouncing back (a year later!) from the baby weight and this seems to have helped me turn the corner. I've lost 3 jeans sizes in 3 months.

I have also registered to walk in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-day so I have been training on Sunday mornings for that.

Other than that, we just try to take our 1 year old out for long walks in his wagon whenever the weather permits. He gets fresh air and we get some exercise.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by peytonjacksmama on 16th April 2008

Add a Reply