Group Discussions

Do you like your job?

Subscribe
  • I like my job. I'm a preschool teacher & I love the kids but just not the way the school/my boss deals with certain situations & how they have a LOT of ridiculous rules & restrictions for everything. I'm trying to find something with better hours so I can spend more time with my son & maybe something where I have more authority.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Kathleen on Sunday
  • I do love my job, I am very good at it & love to be part of something important
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by 4photobugs on 6th May 2010
  • Yes, I like mine because I chose it. As a self-employed business owner, I can't always say that. But I'm in a place now where I have a good mix of clients I enjoy representing/working with.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by JulieS on 6th May 2010
  • love your job and would like to go to the next level, or you're ready for something new.........
    contact me if you're ready.

Manifest Your Heart's Desire
    Rosie Manifest Coach
    Affordable coaching.

First Session is free. Sliding Scale $25-40. 30-45 min. phone session.

520-250-0567
    roseshuy@yahoo.com
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by rose on 6th March 2011
  • I would have to say I love parts of it and just tollerate others!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by JennaC2010 on 18th March 2011
  • I absolutely love my job! But honestly, I'm scared that I'll lose that passion.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Candice Kwark on 12th April 2011
  • Love - not necessarily. What keeps me going is the goals my current job will afford me to achieve: private pre-school (the only way I personally could justify having a job), less financial stress on our household - which, in turn, means less arguments for me and my husband (I'm the planner in the family), and lastly and most importantly the ability to save so I can one day have my own business - which will allow me to be home for my daughter once she is in school [very very important to me], and to be my own boss {I'm a bit strong-minded, but will be one heck of an entrepreneur!}.

I work for a very large company today and am in a good position; but as my frustrations grow, I have less fight in me - so it's very difficult at times, to say the least. Being in a leadership position can be a lonely place and tough to take - especially when my heart is no longer in it to "win it" so-to-speak, but I have to put on the front in order to do a good job, and my business ethic won't allow less (of me).

So no, I'd have to say that today I do not love my job - but I need it in order to have the job I will one day love!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by LB on 6th May 2011
  • I love my job as well. I am a family nurse practitioner and I love what I do. I feel so fortunate to be able to have a career and be a mother too! It's been an adventure thus far :-)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mashiara on 9th May 2011
  • I love my job and I love my daughter. Like mashiara, I feel very fortunate to be able to have a career and a family life. I spent too much time in school to not use my knowledge and training as part of a career,
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by ResearchMom on 23rd June 2011
  • my answer to this question probably changes on a day to day basis. The job that I have is very challenging and in the filed that I am studying (social work) which is a plus. It also has good benefits and pretty good pay for a person in my shoes since I didn't finish school or have a license yet. But I feel I don't get the support that I need from supervisors and am pretty lonely when it comes to co-worker relationships, everyone is friendly, but i feel they are just being nice because they have to. There is also such a high turnover rate in this organization which makes a bit more difficult. I love working with the clients and the experience that I am getting but I really just don't like the way a lot of things are done and most of the people here that combined with just having a beautiful baby girl, makes it hard for me to come to work everyday. But I have no choice right now since I am currently making more than my husband. But I often wonder, if I had the freedom to leave would I do it? Some days the answer is yes and other days i'm not sure.....i know such a long answer to a simple question lol
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by ummazizah12 on 1st May 2012

Add a Reply