Group Discussions

Vacation plans

Subscribe
  • Any vacation plans for this summer?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lorena on 5th May 2008
  • Since this is my question, I do not mind being the first one to answer it

I'm off to Florida in 2 weeks, then in August I'll go to Europe/Romania.

I almost always spend X-mas in Chicago -- nevertheless, this comes with a 2 weeks break to enjoy the white season (no, not the shopping).

Cheers to an excellent year,

Lorena.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lorena on 5th May 2008
  • A week on Hilton Head Island is about the only true vacation this year. I'm looking forward to doing nothing but sitting my butt in a chair on the beach; maybe a short daytrip down to Savannah and some antiquing... But the rest is at home and work. With gas as high as it is, there's not going to be much long distance traveling. Actually, I'm hoping daughter will have some days off in the middle of the week and we'll do some day trips to some Va. historical sites that I've never been to. Sometimes you tend to ignore what's in your own backyard.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by JKLD on 5th May 2008
  • The girls and I are driving to Virgina to spend some time with my MIL, I'm not sure husband will get the time off. I am really looking forward to it. It's a long drive (15 hours), but the girls travel so well, I'm not worried. We'll be staying at MIL's house so I'll get to escape for an afternoon and visit a great friend that I haven't seen in forever. Since it's only about an hours drive, we're going to take the girls to DC and spend a day.

In June we're going to Chicago to the zoo, and in July we're going to the St.Louis zoo.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Niki D on 5th May 2008
  • We go to a board gaming competition every year, been going to it for 15+ years. The past couple of years its been in Lancaster PA, Hubby gets the chance to play and the girls and I hang out at the pool and go to a couple of local attractions, our favorite being Dutch Wonderland. It's an amusement park geared to the younger group. Lots of rides that even my 3 year old can ride and a water park too. It's not expensive and the staff does a great job, haven't had a bad experience yet and we've been the last 2 years.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mommydee on 5th May 2008
  • We're going to the lake of the Ozarks in southern Missouri with my husband's family. We do some sort of family vacation with them every year. I've already gotten a cute little swimsuit for babyjama complete with a coverup and hat...I'm excited to take here there. While we're down that direction, I also want to take a day to visit a friend who is living down near there!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mamajama on 8th May 2008
  • Lots of time on Arkansas' beautiful lakes with my family. There is no place I'd rather be when its warm. Hopefully, Greers Ferry Lake in Heber Springs will go down enough that they'll let us launch our boats and we can get on the water sooner than later. If not it is Lake Ouachita in the more southern part of the state for us.

www.ArkansasFamilyFun.com[url=www.ArkansasFamilyF un.com][/url]
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by ARFamilyFun on 8th May 2008
  • Wow! I read all the posts and I just discovered how many places I still have to see in US ... so far I visited about 22 states, but now I have to go back and dive deeper into what I liked. Not to mention the rest of the 28 (29 if I count Canada ... ha ha ha) states ...

You all have lots of fun with your vacations!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lorena on 8th May 2008

Add a Reply