Group Discussions

Step moms: How do your parents view your step kids?

Subscribe
  • Do they treat them the same as their other grandchildren? Or do they treat them differently (and, if so, have your step kids noticed)?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on 11th June 2008
  • My parents tried SO hard to form relationships with my step kids. They really, really reached out.

Unfortunately, my step kids have too often slighted them or me and they seem to have lost interest in trying to form bonds with them.

Frustrating? Yes. Understandable? Of course.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Melissa on 9th December 2008
  • Step what?... Hahaha I say that be cause in my family blood has nothing to do with family ties. My family looks at step kids, adoptees, and children of girlfriends or boyfriends and even girl friends and boyfriends as kin. Now obviously kids get a lot get more leeway than adults who can break up or divorce. But all the kids in my family get treated the same even the bastards literally and figuratively. If a step kid or an adoptee gets out of line they get yanked back in just as quickly as if they were blood. If their parents don't like it ... well .. its likely they wouldn't be hanging out with my family. hahaha
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by coparent on 17th March 2009
  • We are casting a new show on a major cable network! We are looking for families in the Southern CA area who have blended/step families! It's hard to blend two families, and our show will offer help for those struggling with these issues. Families chosen for show will receive monetary compensation. Apply today! Email us - FIRSTSTEPCASTING@gmail.com or call 818-563-4131 ext. 227
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by KristinaBond on Tuesday
  • Having problems with your in-laws?

Casting for families RIGHT NOW that are having in-law issues. There's great financial compensation and leading experts to help.

Brand new series is looking to raise awareness and bring hope to the millions of American families struggling with the emotional pain, torment and frustration that comes along with gaining In-Laws. If you are at the end of your rope and your marriage and family life are suffering because of your In-Laws, our world-renowned celebrity In-Law expert can help.

Hopeless families will finally get the chance to escape a life of eternal dysfunction before its too late. You WILL heal as a family. Email us your story, contact information and family photo to INLAWCASTING@gmail.com ASAP.

You will be well compensated for you time!!! Filming will be approximately 6 days total. MUST be available first week of August.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by inlawcasting on 15th July 2010

Add a Reply