Group Discussions

Working/Dieting- How to do it???

Subscribe
  • I would like to avoid the donnuts,and the bagels,but unfortunatly I can't.I'm around them everyday,you see i'm the one who has to be in work at one in the morning to do the donuts.I work in a grocery store,I am one of the bakers.And thhe smell of all that baking,is so good and sicking at the same time.I hardly ever crave chocolate except for a small amount once a month.But the salade and the fruit sound good.Unfortunatly my lunch is before the store opens.But I think i,ll try bringing somethings in.Thanks
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Regina on Thursday
  • Vanessa nailed it... smoothies. I'll share a recipe with you that will rock your socks off -- you'll be indulging just like everyone else at the office. And it won't mess up the Weight Watchers commitment.

But first... acai. This stuff actually possesses far more benefits than weight loss but it can also help and is part of my recipe. PLUS it is an immune system booster AND a digestive aid. Acai is a nutritional, energizing fruit that gives you more antioxidant and amino acid bang-for-the-buck than nearly every other food on Earth. Forget about the scam advertisements, weight-loss pills etc.

I recently came back from Brazil where I tasted fresh berries. WOW! Acai is street food in Rio de Janiero has been used for FAR longer than down there versus the U.S. Did I mention how addicted I became to its taste in the form of an ice-cream like smoothie? Ok.. .here's a rocking recipe that is packed, also, with fiber -- oh and, yes, non-dairy, naturally sweetened CHOCOLATE (cacao):

3 Tbs. Acai (pure juice or you can also buy it in powder form)
    2 Tbs. raw cacao powder
    the meat of one young coconut
    1 cup organic baby spinach
    1 cup water
    ice cubes

Blend and prepare to want more! If you want to sweeten naturally just toss in some honey or something like that. Please -- no high fructose corn syrup! LOL! Seriously -- give this a whirl when everyone's stuffing themselves with nasty cake and greasy cookies. I PROMISE you this will feel like an indulgence. Good luck!

Diana

(more recipes here http://budurl.com/amjx)
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Greencravers.com on 16th November 2009
  • SKL: Please no vilification of chocolate! This is a huge myth. Chocolate in its RAW form is one of the healthiest foods on Earth. Jeanne Louise Calment, the world's longest living person (who died at the age of 122) ate two lbs. of chocolate per week!

"Every study on chocolate is pointing to the same conclusion: there is something in chocolate that is really good for us. That something is the raw cacao bean, the nut that all chocolate is made from. The cacao bean has always been and will always be Nature’s #1 weight loss and high-energy food. Cacao beans are probably the best kept secret in the entire history of food."

- David Wolfe
    co-author of Naked Chocolate: The Astonishing Truth About The World’s Greatest Food.

You can read more here about the facts and how you can actually INDULGE with raw chocolate without the dairy and bad sugars. http://budurl.com/6ymw
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Greencravers.com on 16th November 2009

Add a Reply