Group Discussions

BELLY FAT.....

Subscribe
  • I'm doing an unofficial survey. I've had MAJOR problems losing weight and now know it was because my adrenal glands weren't working. I could drink water and eat a salad and GAIN weight and felt literally wiped out tired all the time. Working with an awesome doc on the adrenals I've lost `15 lbs and feel better than I have in my life!

How many of you ladies have problems losing weight, have CFS or Fibromyalgia, have more weight in the tummy area, and feel tired alot? They say this affects 80% of us in the US...

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by BizNurse on 19th August 2008
  • I'm tired most of the time, have the extra tummy & keep gaining weight. The only thing that has really changed is I have stopped eating as much fast food & eat healthier. I've been considering going for a physical but with my experience with doctors I feel they are going to say its because I'm getting older. That seems to be the excuse for everything. It is interesting about the adrenal glands I'm going to check into it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Tammy on 19th August 2008
  • Tammy, buy a book titled Adrenal Fatigue by James L. Wilson (2001). I got mine on Ebay for $6.00, and it described both what my wellness doc found and what I had felt for YEARS.... to a T! What's sad is I'm a RN, went to three different doctors who all but called me a liar saying I MUST be eating cake and ice cream all the time, or yea, welcome to the age of "getting old"....

A simple saliva test done 4 times spaced throughout the day will know if you have adrenal fatigue or not... Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
  • I don't know what meds or anything the docs give for adrenal issues but I do know that you can stimulate the adrenal glands through a series of yoga poses (asanas). Finding a great instructor who knows how to work you through these asanas could be very beneficial to your moving forward with this problem.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Mandy Nelson - Dandysound on 19th August 2008
  • Absolutely it can help adrenal function Mandy.... and they have a whole chapter on it in that book. Exercise is a big part of adrenal restoration actually. Natural supplements helped me big time too, and they based what they gave me on my lab results.

By the way, I now do aerobic and anaerobic exercising as one alone isn't enough.
  • Thank you I will look for a copy of it. If it helps it will be worth it.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Tammy on 19th August 2008
  • It was odd, because that book described me PERFECTLY!!

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
  • I am new to this site but after reading about how tired everyone is I thought about a product that I sell and gave this to bunch of my patients I formally worked int he medical field but wanted to be home with my family. Shaklee Health and Wellness has a great vitamin selection but the vitea Lee helps give you a boost filled with all natural vitamins and iron to help you get through the day. YOu can visit my website at www.shaklee.net/onyourside and look up all the wonderful products that we have and you can even ask the questions you need so that you can have all your answers. I have worked side by side with a doctor that believes in the products out of Illinois who is out of several hospitals and he and I have seen extensive changes in our patients. I hope you will look and see what it can do for you. Have a beautiful week ahead.

My blessings
    Kathy
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by working and making it easy on 24th August 2008
  • Vitamins we now know release free radicals in the intestimes, so the normal vitamin can actually ADD to adrenal fatigue. GO FIGURE! They're supposed to give you MORE energy, but the latest research shows the stomach absorbs vtamins due to the PH, but most vitamins release free radicals in the intestines and these are even suspected carcinogens (cancer causers).

When we're dealing with adrenal fatigue you've got to be real careful and not add another stressor to the body.

Adrenals need to be regulated and boosted and THEN what we put into our bodies can work better.... We all need to make sure tho that the vitamins we take will be absorbed in the ph of 1 in the stomach as well as the ph of 7 in the intestines.

Finding that out coupled with bumping my adrenals, doing muscle building and cardiovascular like the wii fit and the fat is melting off.... SAD I didn't know this before even tho I'm a RN....

OH WELL... live and learn....

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by BizNurse on 25th August 2008
  • OH.. another thing with Adrenal Fatigue and getting off belly fat, you've got to AVOID all caffeine and white flours!! That was the hardest part....

Linda/CMAS, BS, RN
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by BizNurse on 25th August 2008

Add a Reply