Group Discussions

New to group

Subscribe
  • Hello Everyone this is my first group joining!!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by skeweegirl91 on Wednesday
  • Welcome to Work It, Mom! Thanks for joining! What do you do and how do you manage juggling work and parenthood?
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lylah M. Alphonse on Wednesday
  • Hello..Just stopping by. I wanted to say that as Women it is already a struggle and when you mix kids you are end for a surprise. I was currently working full-time and changed my hours to part-time to finish my degree in Graphic Design it was a BIG sacrifice. I have two little girls ages 9, and 6 and trying to maintain the daily duties and now school and work is hard. But I do try to vent it out when I get frustrated..but what I came to realize is that it could be worse and I am blessed to have them. And that is why no matter the sacrifice for me to go to school and make time for them I know I am doing my job. I am a single mother so making time for them is a priority. Now that my hours are changed, I do have time to make dinner early and help them with there homework ealier than before. I even put them in dance class one day a week to give them activity. But all sound great but it does take alot and since my hours have changed, money has changed as well.. I am glad that I have support and soon my boyfriend will be joining the family which he inspires me and motivates me to keep going. Well, I know I start off saying alot..just keep in touch and share your thoughts an advice
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Ren on Thursday
  • Hello all, I just found this group and from the looks of things it's kind of slow. I have found a million support groups for stay at home moms but only a few for AA working mothers, which is why I joined.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by Lady Laury on 11th March 2009
  • Hello everyone!

I am a working mother of two and I definitely wanted to find a group that shared my struggles, joys, and experiences! Mocha Moms is a great group if you are a SAHM, but I was unable to find its counterpart for working AA mothers. Hopefully things will pick up around here soon!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by AltaDiva on 13th April 2009
  • Hello, everyone, I am a single mom who is working full-time and going to school. It is hard at times, and sometimes I feel like I am going to fall apart at the seams. . .lol. I am very grateful, however, because I have a wonderful support system (family and friends) and my son is the biggest joy in my life.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by on 14th April 2009
  • Hello! I'm new to the group. I wanted to find a group of working women that still have time to go out and have a good time.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by divamommy218 on 14th April 2009
  • Hello,
    I'm and AA working mother of two beautiful children as well as a grad school student.I am married to a great man and love what I am doing. Don't mistake it though, I have many moments when I want to break because I feel like I am being pulled into so many directions. But one thing that my grandmother taught me to ask myself is "Does the end justify the means" if yes then you are doing the right thing. If no then you should re-evaluate your life. My end is defintely justified and I can't ask for my life to be any other way!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by recruitermom on 14th April 2009
  • Hello All,

I'm a married AA working mom. I have two children. My daughter will be 13 in a few months (wow!) and my son will be 8. We are all definitely transitioning into a new phase. However, now that my children are getting older, I am also starting to ask myself "what do I need/want" - for my family, personally and in my career.
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by mom_mo_4 on 3rd May 2009
  • Greetings ladies,

I too, am new here!

*waving*

I'm a married AA working mother of one daughter age four! I'm a legal secretary, and was recently laid off from my "good ol gov-ment" job! I'm now registered with a temp agency, and just received a temp to perm position with a risk management company. I'm also trying to complete my undergraduate degree via online. I'm hoping to find a second shift job so that I can home-school my daughter.

I once was apart of Mocha Moms, and like another member pointed out, there is no equivalent as of yet!

Wishing everyone success!
    Flag as inappropriate Posted by MaryAnn82 on 27th July 2009

Add a Reply